In 1900 there were 100,000 cheetahs in the world. By 2006, due to loss of habitat and prey, the number of cheetahs has declined to just 12,000. That's why I founded KidsLoveAnimals.com, which is dedicated to educating kids and their families about endangered species. If you love animals, please bookmark this site. In future posts we will take you along on our personal journey to Save the Animals through our KIDSLOVEANIMALS.com DVD series.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

SAVE THE RHINOS

In addition to helping The Cheetah Conservation Fund to save cheetahs, KidsLoveAnimals.com is also donating money from its AFRICAN SAFARI DVD to help the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy in Kenya to save both black and white rhinos from extinction. The above photo is of a black rhino that I photographed at Lewa.

Black rhinos are grazers and eat leaves and twigs from bushes. Their eyesight is rather poor and they will charge you if they think that you are a threat. The black rhino is extremely endangered. It is estimated that there are fewer than 4000 black rhinos left in the wild. Help us to save the black rhinos.

See video of the RHINO in the above photo at:
  • KidsLoveAnimals.com

  • For more information go to:
  • rhinos-irf.org

  • lewa.org
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Katiez Furry Mewz said...

    Thaks for the comment!! Sorry I just saw it in the moderation section. (First time using that feature.)

    I love it when dogs and cats get along.

    I actually can't remember where I found the pic, now...Think someone send it to me.

    Rhinos have a ugly way of being beautiful... Kind Regards, Katie.

    4:58 PM

     
    Blogger Sarah said...

    Thanks for the comment...and yes! I actually own that book. Used it in my screenwriting class this past semester.

    Happy new year!
    Sarah

    12:57 PM

     
    Blogger Sean Patrick Marks said...

    Hey paul,
    Thanks for the post....
    Yeah thats our new little puppy roscoe.... He might be small but he sure does have the mind set of a big dog..... I checked out your site and both your blogs... thats some cool stuff that you do.... Keep it up man, and please keep checkin out the site... we appericiate it (sp)
    Sean and KRisten

    12:48 PM

     
    Blogger The Everyday Blues said...

    Appreciated the comment. I linked your site on mine. Interesting thing about Rhinos; a close friend of mine worked with SOS Rhino in Borneo several years ago. Have you heard of that program? I'm not sure how effective it has been, but I just thought I would mention it.

    11:57 AM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home