In 1900 there were 100,000 cheetahs in the world. By 2006, due to loss of habitat and prey, the number of cheetahs has declined to just 12,000. That's why I founded KidsLoveAnimals.com, which is dedicated to educating kids and their families about endangered species. If you love animals, please bookmark this site. In future posts we will take you along on our personal journey to Save the Animals through our KIDSLOVEANIMALS.com DVD series.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Peanut the Possum

We love to watch wildlife in our backyard. Tonight Peanut the Possum paid us a visit. Contrary to popular myth, these creatures are quite clean and spend a good deal of time grooming themselves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hi Paul,
You're quite welcome. I always enjoy coming by and seeing your little clips. I also teach animal adaptations as part of our science curriculum and I'm always interested in what information you have to share.

Regards,
Anne-Marie

6:21 AM

 
Blogger Paul said...

Anne-Marie - If I lived near Toronto, I would offer to give my Safari talk to your students. It's amazing how adapted most animals are to their niche of the environment.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Paul, It's been a while since I've dropped in as I've had a really busy spell, and have only recently been back in blogland, but I see you've also been 'away' for periods of time too, so I haven't missed too much.

I enjoyed this clip very much. How lovely to have such a creature in your backyard. You're right about animlas adapting to their environment. I think most people are unaware of how many creatures are living their lives right under their noses!

7:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home