In 1900 there were 100,000 cheetahs in the world. By 2006, due to loss of habitat and prey, the number of cheetahs has declined to just 12,000. That's why I founded KidsLoveAnimals.com, which is dedicated to educating kids and their families about endangered species. If you love animals, please bookmark this site. In future posts we will take you along on our personal journey to Save the Animals through our KIDSLOVEANIMALS.com DVD series.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Burchell's aka Plains or Common Zebra

Of the two species of zebras in Kenya, the Plains Zebra is the most common. I photographed this zebra in Masai Mara National Reserve.
To learn more about zebras, go to:
  • www.awf.org/wildlives/151
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Vicki Gausden said...

    Hi Paul,

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. A lot of my drawings tend to feature animals and I found the KidsLoveAnimals site really interesting. It's the kind of thing I would have have loved when I was an animal-obsessed kid (although I'm not much better now to be honest!).

    8:11 AM

     
    Blogger Helen Wang said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    4:26 PM

     
    Blogger Fallen Angel said...

    i like zebras, they are kewl. I saw the movie racing stripes.

    5:49 PM

     
    Blogger String said...

    This is one of my fav pics, love the movement.

    7:32 AM

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home