In 1900 there were 100,000 cheetahs in the world. By 2006, due to loss of habitat and prey, the number of cheetahs has declined to just 12,000. That's why I founded KidsLoveAnimals.com, which is dedicated to educating kids and their families about endangered species. If you love animals, please bookmark this site. In future posts we will take you along on our personal journey to Save the Animals through our KIDSLOVEANIMALS.com DVD series.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I photographed this lowland gorilla at the Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle. This exhibit was so popular that I had to wait about 10 minutes just to get a spot at the window to snap a shot of this male.

Find out what this gorilla is thinking on my "Freaks of Nature" blog.

Click HERE to learn more about lowland gorillas.

7 Comments:

Blogger DiaKL said...

He looks big, reminds me of the King Kong movie :)

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Great photo, Paul. I can never look at zoo gorillas in the eyes. They remind me too much of ourselves, and it would break my heart to be caged up like that and on exhibit. I feel that way about all the primates, so I usually hurry past those parts of our zoo, which is a great zoo as zoos go.

Cheers,
AM

3:36 PM

 
Blogger Tracy said...

I am a blog friend of Tarts. When you mentioned that you had animals on your blog page also I just had to look. I am impressed with your pictures. I will slowly read your blog. Thanks for sharing!

Mysti

4:55 AM

 
Blogger Selvi Sindu said...

It reminds me of my boyfriend coz I started calling him King Kong after seeing that movie.It brings tears to my eyes coz he is far away from me in India but made also feel funny to thing of my boyfriend.Am started skol.Am having Easter vacations.Have a g8 Easter.Waiting eagerly for more posts...
Sindu.S

6:57 AM

 
Blogger Marsha Loftis said...

I love gorrilas. I saw an exhibit at the New Orleans zoo many, many years ago.

8:30 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

http://www.briansproperties.com/Green mountain falls colorado real estate I was looking to buy a home in colorado and after finding and calling so many realtors that never returned my calls i finally found Brian. He is great at what he does and i thought i would post and let other people know about his site if they were having the same toubles as i was.Green mountain falls colorado real estate

3:36 AM

 
Blogger Kids Save the Apes said...

I have an assosiation called KIDS SAVE THE APES that helps apes including gorillas---but also orangutans, bonobos,gibbons,and chimps. If you are a kid aged 8-14 and are interested in joining,visit my website. www.freewebs.com/kidssaveapes. THANKS!!!!!!! SAVE ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!

9:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home