In 1900 there were 100,000 cheetahs in the world. By 2006, due to loss of habitat and prey, the number of cheetahs has declined to just 12,000. That's why I founded KidsLoveAnimals.com, which is dedicated to educating kids and their families about endangered species. If you love animals, please bookmark this site. In future posts we will take you along on our personal journey to Save the Animals through our KIDSLOVEANIMALS.com DVD series.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Bee-Eaters

Bee-Eaters are among my favorite birds in Africa! They are extremely beautiful with their bright colors, and they possess charming personalities. We filmed this handsome pair along the banks of the Ewaso Nyro river, which runs through the heart of Samburu National Reserve in Kenya.

Bee-eaters actually eat bees. When they catch a bee, they knock its stinger off by hitting it against a branch and then they eat the bee. It's quite amazing to watch!

Click here to learn more about bee-eaters.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving it... Its nice to know people still care about the little wonders we have...

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Selvi Sindu said...

Hey,
I love it. These birds are cool. I just wabted to ask you something - Have you watched this movie called HATARDI. If you havent watched it please do watch it. Its funny. It is a very old movie shot in 1970's.
You have to watch it. Good luck in watever u do.

8:35 AM

 
Blogger Selvi Sindu said...

I love to know more about Kangroos. Can you post something on then too, pls????

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Patinho said...

Quak Quak :)

7:55 AM

 
Blogger CC said...

They are very cute little birds.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

They are beautiful and have lovely, bright colours. My brother volunteers with FLAP (fatal light awareness program), which is an organisation that tries to educate corporations and highrises here in Toronto not to keep lights on at night.
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures.

-AM

9:10 AM

 
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Paul
Just been having a look at your animal features, and they are fantastic. What a great job you are doing.I was lucky enough to live in South Africa for many years and to see this kind of wildlife in a very natural environment, but most people in the Western world, and especially urban children, are not so lucky. A great blog.I don't have that much time for blogging but will pop in now and then to see what you're up to!
Take care
Val

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Vallypee said...

Hi Paul
Thanks for coming by to my blog. actually, I'm off to SA for a week at the beginning of April, so will try and take some pics to publish on my blog for all to see. I love the country and its people and of course, all the animals. My daughter is doing botanical research at university in Grahamstown there, and spends time in the bush and on the coast, so the lucky girl gets to live with all the wildlife up close and very personally. I'll let you know when I've come back, so you can have a look at the photos.
Take care
Val

3:01 PM

 
Blogger Jill said...

Very interesting!! I love the info with the images.

4:42 PM

 
Blogger madretz said...

Wow, they're beautiful. Thanks for the info on them!

12:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home